Thursday, September 15, 2011

My Littlest Student

Wednesday I had the pleasure of spending the afternoon with Steph, Mom, and Lilly before Steph goes back to work after 12 weeks of maternity leave. We got to have lunch, chat and catch up, fawn over Lilly who's just as cute as ever, and then I started to teach Steph and my Mom how to knit.

It was lots of fun, maybe more so for me, you'd have to ask Mom who, shortly before I left, expressed her distaste for learning new things. She was getting the hang of it though. If everyone was really good at everything they did the first time we tried it, we'd all have mad skills. Knitting takes practice.

Steph didn't get along very well with the purl stitch, but was zooming along working a knit stitch and even sent me a picture update to my phone today. I was very impressed, she's doing great!

We did realize we were being a bit rude, it seemed Lilly might be feeling a bit left out so we gave her a go at it as well.



Maybe we'll wait till she's a little older, she's looking a bit confused. No matter what, she's definitely the cutest student I think I'll ever have!

No comments: