Monday, November 21, 2011

Reversable Hat

It's taken me a while to post about this, especially since my friend Andria asked me months ago to make a hat for her son Colin. She had asked if we could line it with fleece, but since I had just learned double knitting, I suggested a two color double sided hat instead. So, on to trusty Ravelry to find a suitable pattern, selected the 2 for 1 hat pattern, and we set out on a yarn shopping adventure searching for the perfect red sox red and blue colors.


This is the picture the pattern showed, but I knew I would make some modifications for Colin since this is an adult pattern and Colin is only 18 months old. I also don't really like garter stitch, so I changed the way I cast on and worked in double knit stockinette rather then knit the sides separately.I found this video very helpful in learning how to cast on so that the band would look right.

The other big change I made was to use a size 6, 16" circular needle rather then size 9 which should give me the correct size without messing up the pattern.

So, I'm not quite finished, but I love this angle because you can see both sides before the top gets closed up.


As you can see, I was working on it in the car. I used to never go anywhere without a book, now I can't leave the house without a book AND a knitting project. You never know when you're going to have some down time, right?

I can't wait to show you the finished product, and submit it to Celebrate Color!

No comments: