Wednesday, December 7, 2011

More Thoughts on Last Minute Gifts

The title of this book says it all.


And I can't tell you how many times I've been in Joann's or Barnes and Noble and had it in my hands debating over whether to bring it home with me or not. I love knitting gifts for people, and there are several appealing projects nestled in the pages of this lovely book, but for some reason I've never brought it home. So while I can say I like it, and perhaps someday will have more then a passing affection for it, I can't actually vouch for any of the projects.

I can, however, recommend an equally cleverly titled book, that may not be as obvious on the gift giving front, but has just as many quick and wonderful things to knit for those you love.


This is the cover of the one I actually own, but there are several different One-Skein books geared towards different interests. This is definitely a go-to book for me when I have some left over yarn, or need some inspiration and I can say I've always found the projects and pictures colorful, whimsical, and helpful.

Here are just a couple of things I've made from the book that were quick, beautiful, and even helped me learn new skills... picolt cast-on anyone?


Are there any books you would add to my list?

No comments: