Thursday, September 22, 2011

Annis Complete

About a month ago, in celebration of being mostly done with my part 1 certification requirements, I cast on the Annis shawl for fun. I was on the cusp of mailing out a dozen 5" x 5" swatches for review and was so tired of knitting them that I needed a break.

I had a moment of panic after casting on the initial 363 stitches, and really thought Annis was going to take forever with so many stitches and a moderately complicated pattern to follow. I was pleasantly surprised at how fast it went, and once I got to the short rows, I had trouble putting my needles down.

Now I get to show it off!





I love the contrast of the off-white yarn with a dark colored t-shirt underneath and I think I'll be keeping this one for myself. My Christmas gift trial run was a success, so now I get to shop for yummy gift-worthy yarn!

No comments: