Monday, February 20, 2012

Not So Fast! Wait For Me!

I can't believe how fast this year is flying by. Just about every morning I wake up with blogging on my mental to-do list and as you can see, it's remained unchecked for some time now. It's not that I haven't been knitting because I actually have quite a few projects to share, and it's not that I haven't had random reminders either. Chris and I were catching up on shows the other night and there were back-to-back knitting references; someone in The Office gave hand knitted hats for Valentine gifts, and The New Girl, Jess and her girlfriends had their "crochet circle" night.

In my defense, I have been busy teaching a Color Theory and Lighting class at the Community College of Philadelphia for the spring semester which, although it's only 4 hours a week, takes at least quadruple that amount of time at home prepping lectures and grading projects. So I could blame it on that, but really, it's still my own fault.

I do have a list of projects to blog about, some of which you can see here:


But as you also might be able to see from this picture, I am in major need of some spring stash cleaning, so that's what I did this weekend. I pulled out my rubbermaid containers that hold as much of my stash as I can cram in them. One holds scrap ends, ugly finished projects such as the hinted at ugly baby blanket, and random yarn labels. The other bin is for new skeins still waiting for a project; some purchased with one in mind, like the Tonic for the St. James sweater, and some just guilty pleasure purchases that may never find a home, but look so pretty.


I didn't throw anything away, you never know when a couple yards of purple yarn could be just what you need to finish off a project, but I do feel much more organized now. I filed the patterns I had printed out over the years in a binder with clear sleeves, my standard organizing system that is also used for recipes and my interior design inspiration. I do still need some shelf space for my growing collection of knitting books and magazines, and I could probably use a third rubbermaid container, but for now I'm just happy it's a little tidier then before.

Now I'm looking forward to sharing projects, and even a couple of new patterns too! BRB ;)

No comments: